Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Ecommerce – How to sell products on your website?
Selling products on Art In Card is super easy and is done in just a few clicks.
1) You can either add a new Store stripe or click on elements on your website that you want to sell, and choose ‘Sell this product’.
2) On both options, you’ll see the option to open your store’s dashboard.
You also have the option to open the store’s dashboard from the stripe Settings panel (to see the Settings panel, click the gear icon on the right side of the stripe and click on ‘Dashboard’).
3) The store’s dashboard has several tabs:
The Summary tab allows to see the store’s amount of sections, products, completed orders and total earnings.
Each section represents a stripe that has items for sales on it.
You can see the sections list on the Sections tab. You can click on each sections and edit its products.
You can see your products full list on the All Products tab.
Each product has several settings:
You can set the Type/Price of the product, and more.
*Classifying it as ‘Physical’ will allow your buyer to enter ‘Shipping Address’.
Under the Orders you will find full information on your completed orders.
Under the Communication tab you can change the messaging templates.
Under the Transfers tab you must add YOUR billing information.
[SK stands for “secret key”, and PK stands for “publishable key”.
Secret and publishable keys are used to identify your Stripe account. You can grab the test and live API keys for your account under Your Account >> API Keys.]
After the update, your store’s income will be transferred directly to your account, with no extra fees from our end.
On the Settings tab you will find some general information regarding your store (Currency, email, etc.)
4) You can ‘Test buy’ your new product:
You will then see what your websites users would see if they try to purchase the product
5) You have the option to change each item settings from outside the dashboard.
Click the item, and choose ‘Edit’ on the ‘Test Buy’ line.
You will then see the item’s settings panel. Through it, you can edit the item price, name and currency.
You also have the option to create a unique page for each product. Check the ‘Open in separate page’.
This will allow you to sell different colors and sizes for a specific item.
On the item’s page, you need to add several items for sale, where each item represents different color or size of the same product.
That’s it 🙂
I connected my domain but it’s still not showing me website
If you followed the instructions on how to connect your own domain but it’s still not showing up, there are a few reasons for why it might happen:
1) Not enough time has passed since you changed your DNS settings. It can take up to 6 hours for DNS settings to be changed at certain domain registrars.
2) Your DNS settings are not configured properly. There might be old A or CNAME records you need to delete, or you might have entered the wrong details. Double check that.
3) You entered the wrong domain when you first upgraded your website. If that’s the case, go back to the editor and hit ‘Publish’. You’ll then see the domain we linked this website to and an option to ‘Change’ it right below. Click it to change to the right domain.
Can I host my website somewhere?
No, you can’t.
Art In Card Website Builder is a full solution and to keep things safe and easy we’re hosting all the websites built with us.
I already purchased a Premium license. Why am I being asked to pay again?
There is usually just 1 reason for that to happen which is that you purchased a premium license for a different website. Did you clicked ‘save a copy’ since you upgraded your website? You might be working on the copy instead of the website you actually upgraded.
How to remove Art In Card footer?
To remove the pop-up footer from your free website you will need to upgrade your account.
Just hit ‘Publish’ and choose one of our plans.
How long will my site remain in my account?
The sites you build with Art In Card will remain in your account until you delete them, even if they have not been published.
You can keep your account open and return to building or publishing your site whenever you want.
What does the premium subscription include?
Art In Card Website Builder is a one-stop-shop for your new website. Our subscriptions include creating your website using our collection of templates and unlimited hosting and bandwidth.
All of our subscriptions include unlimited hosting and we also have a 14-day money back guarantee policy.
Art In Card Website Builder features:
* 100% responsive website builder with total mobile / tablet compatibility
* Dozens of gorgeous high-end templates, compatible for both web and mobile
* Hassle-free customization of templates
* Reliable, fast and globally-distributed hosting through the Amazon and Google clouds.
* Connect your own domain
* Free and fast support
* Add pictures, videos, music, Google maps, contact forms, gallery, slideshow and more
* Built-in SEO
To become a premium member, click PUBLISH and choose a subscription.
If you need assistance connecting your site, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Are Art In Card Websites SEO friendly?
Art In Card’s website building tool is SEO friendly and allows you to promote your website easily.
To optimize your site’s SEO in search engine results:
1) In the editor, click on SEO at the top bar.
2) SEO window will open. Insert your site’s title, description and keywords and click Set.
The keywords are limited to about ten words since Google does automatic crawl and will ignore more than ten words, making it ineffective.
Also make sure to use words that appear in the text in the body of your site, in order to get better search results on Google search.
3) Also in the SEO Window:
- Choose your site’s visibility on search engines
- Set your site’s favicon (the icon next to your site’s URL in the browser address bar)
- Add a social image preview image, to appear when you share your site’s URL in social media
- Add your Google Analytics ID
A free URL will be hard to optimize. It is recommended to have your own domain and your brand or domain name should appear both in the title and the keywords. The keywords are the words you want to lead to your site when visitors search it on Google. It’s also better to use words that are specific to your own site and avoid words like ‘New York’, ‘mobile’ and ‘photographer’.
It is also recommended to have as many links leading to your domain as possible, including from your social media pages and accounts, relevant blogs, online magazines, etc.
Our internal SEO system is a super strong one and sites built on it are usually first in searches. However, this is a process that may take a couple of weeks, depending on Google’s indexing so in events where the keywords are very competitive, external SEO work may be suggested.
There are several online tools in which you can check the best words for you site and can run SEO checks in sites like http://www.seoworkers.com/tools/report.html
These sites provide information on your domain as well as suggestions on improving specific words and phrases.
Allowing users to upload a PDF or other files
At the moment we don’t allow upload of files to our servers, but you can still upload your files to your favorite cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc), and link to your files from anywhere on your website.
Create a page that is not visible in the website menu
To create a page that won’t be found on your website’s main navigation menu, please first go ahead and create a new page on your website.
Next, publish the website, and go to your live website to copy the URL of the page you just created. Paste it somewhere for later reference.
Next, go back to the editor and remove the page from the menu. The page will still be accessible through the URL you copied earlier.
Adding Google Analytics to your website
To add Google Analytics to your website please follow these instructions:
1) Click the SEO button on the top menu while in the editor.
2) Enter your Google Analytics ID is the appropriate field:
Deleting websites or old versions of your website
1) To delete a website, first go to ‘my sites’:
2) Mouse-over the website you want to delete will pop a white circle on the top right corner of it:
3) Mouse-over that white circle will open a menu with a options to copy, edit and delete the website:
4) Click the red X button to delete the website. Make sure you delete the right website. We won’t be able to recover a deleted website.
Can I edit my website after I publish it?
With Art In Card Website Builder, you can easily edit your website whenever you want, even after it’s live.
Once your website is published and live, log in to your account, make the changes you want and click PUBLISH.
voilà – your live site has been updated!
Heroku message – No such application
The Heroku message means your domain’s DNS are properly set, but the domain is not connected properly through the editor.
Please load the editor, hover on publish > update live site > change domain > add the naked domain (domain.com) and click Connect.
Make sure you do not have any extra spaces or letters and that you enter the naked domain (no www or http).
Forgot your password? No problem.
1. Click “Forgot Password” on the Login Page.
2. Insert your email and click Send.
Tip: Make sure to insert it as you signed up, case sensitive
3. A link to reset the password will be sent to your email.
Click the Art In Card Manual to kick start your wedding design.
Connecting an existing domain
To connect an existing domain:
1. Hover over PUBLISH (right hand corner of the editor page)
2. Click ‘connect an existing domain’
3. Enter your domain (only the naked domain – yourdomain.com)
4. Connecting your existing domain also requires changing the DNS Records in your registrar so that the domain will point to our servers and to your new site.
To connect your domain to our servers:
1. Log in to your registrar account
The registrar is where you originally purchased the domain. If you don’t remember who your registrar is, you can use whois.net to find out.
2. Locate the Control Panel or Domain Manager of your domain in your registrar account.
The control panel allows you to change the DNS records from the default ones provided by the registrar.
Different registrars may have different control panel layouts and other names for it as well. You might find it under ‘DNS Manager’ or ‘Domain Manager”.
3. In your registrar’s Control Panel, change the A record and the CNAME:
Add an empty (@) A record, with the value of 18.104.22.168
Add a ‘www’ CNAME, with the value of imxprs.herokuapp.com
(If there are previous A records in your DNS settings – make sure to delete them).
A record – Host –> @ (empty) points to –> 22.214.171.124
CNAME – Host –> WWW points to –> imxprs.herokuapp.com
Make sure to SAVE these changes.
I followed the steps and my site isn’t up, what should I do?:
1) DNS error: It may take up to 24 hours for these changes to propagate worldwide. You can track your changes here.
2) Error – “This domain is not properly configured in our system”: Please re-connect your domain through the editor according to the above instructions.
Resources to change A & CNAME records on different domain registrars:
Changing A records – https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/680/managing-dns-for-your-domain-names(here’s a video on how to do it – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNklh54mK7A)
Changing CNAME – https://support.google.com/a/answer/47610?hl=en
Changing A records – http://www.register.com/customersupport/tutorials/update_ip.rcmx
Changing CNAME records – http://www.register.com/customersupport/tutorials/cname.rcmx
Changing A records – http://www.networksolutions.com/support/a-records-ip-addresses-2/
Changing CNAME records – http://www.networksolutions.com/support/cname-records-host-aliases-2/
changing CNAME for subdomain www.yourdomain.com – https://help.1and1.com/domains-c36931/manage-domains-c79822/dns-c37586/enter-a-cname-for-your-subdomain-a643600.html
Adding a Popup
To add a pop up:
- Hover over “/Home” on the left side of the top toolbar and click on “Add a Popup”.
- The pop up will appear along with a dashboard where you can configure the popup.
1. Parameter tab:
- click on Pop-up Preset to choose one of the many pop-up styles.
- Email For replies: Here you can set an email to which you would like to receive subscribers info. You can also add a text to be displayed after a user submits a form.
- you can also determine the Location, Width and Height of the popup.
- Pop options: You can choose all 3 options to set the stage/time at which the popup should appear on the users’ screen.
2. Settings tab:
- Here you can choose the a layout and control the background color and padding.
3. Code tab:
- you can edit and add raw HTML code.
Adding/ Editing the Popup
You can add and/or edit the elements of the popup easily:
- To add an element click on the grey “+” button ( ); You can add new fields, buttons, text, map, video and raw code through the following window below:
- To edit or delete existing popup elements, hover and click over the chosen element and choose an action from the menu below (each element will display a different menu, based on its functionality):
1. you can change the type of field by clicking on “Edit field” and choosing the name and type of field you want:
2. click on a field to also edit the form settings; here you can:
- update an email to which the completed forms will be sent to.
- add a “Thank you” message that will apper after a user submits the form.
3. To change the background of the popup click on the background. On the menu that appears, click “Add image” to select a picture from a local folder. Click on “media center” to choose one out of our wide selection of photos. You can search for a keyword to find a particular image.
That’s it! your Popup should be set.
Adding a map to the page
To add a map to your page:
- Click on the blue “+” sign to add a new section.
- Click on “Maps” and browse using the arrows to select your preferred map style. Click the green “+” to add the map to your page.
- Left-clicking the map will open the map toolbar which you can use edit the map and change its setting:
- By clicking on “Edit map”, you can change the map style and the address you would like to display:You can change the maps’ color schemes and display settings.
- Using the map as a link can be done through the “Go to” tab.
- Accessing the map section settings can also be done through the map menu
And you got yourself a map 🙂
Adding Slides & Images To Slideshow
To add more slides, mouse-over the slideshow stripe, and click the gear button to enter the slideshow settings panel:
Than click ‘Add Slide’ on the top right to add a new slide, or ‘Manage’ to remove and reorder slides.
Change position of elements
In order to keep the awesome responsiveness of Art In Card websites we don’t let you move elements wherever you like (trust us, we tried that).
Instead, you have 2 ways moving elements around. These 2 options should make it easy to place the elements however you like:
1) Change order of elements. Double click the text to edit it and move it around with the arrows on the left
2) Use the ‘Switch layouts’ option on the right side menu of the stripe
Adding a Twitter feed to your website
In order to embed a twitter feed to your Art In Card website you first need to create a widget on twitter.
Go here: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets
Click ‘Create new’, and run through the configuration settings. When you’re done hit ‘Create Widget’.
You’ll then see a new box with HTML code in it:
Copy that code, and go to your Art In Card website.
Click the ‘+’ button found between the stripes and add a new HTML stripe:
Delete the code that’s is currently in the HTML stripe, and paste the code you copied from twitter.
Adding a blog stripe
The Blog stripe contains 3 blog items. Each item is assembled by an image, its text (title and body) and a label (link to the post).
1. To add a Blog, click on the blue ‘+’ sign to add a stripe, and choose one of of the option under the ‘blog’ category. Click the green ‘+’ to select.
A default blog will appear.
2. To change the default image of an item and add yours, left click the item and choose Replace image.
3. To change the default text of an item, left click on the label.
4. To change the default link of an item’s label, left-click on the label, and click on ‘link’ (next to ‘edit POST’) in the first option in the menu.
Please note: Clicking the ‘edit POST’ will lead you to the page of the post on your site.
5. To manage the blog items, click on the gear icon to the right of the blog stripe, and click Manage.
Adding blog items
To add more blog items, click ‘Add Post’, and a new blog item will be generated.
Removing blog items
Hover your mouse over an item, and click the ‘x’ twice to remove the item/
Reordering blog items
Hover your mouse over an item and click the arrows to reorder the blog items.
5. Click Done, to exit Manage Blog.
You can also switch the design of the stripe altogether.
Add a item stripe
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “item”
A default item will appear.
2. To change the default image of the item and add yours, left click the item and choose Replace image.
3. To change the default text of an item, left click the item.
4. You can also switch the design of the stripe altogether.
Adding a contact stripe
If you are looking to allow your site’s visitors to have easy access to you, one recommended way is to add a contact form to your site.
The Contact Stripe contains 2 fields: the contact text (Title, Subtitle and Body) and a submit button (a label item).
To add a Contact Stripe:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “Forms” and choose your favorite layout.
2. To edit the default fields of the contact form itself, left click a field and choose Edit field.
A box will open. Here you can change all of the field properties.
The field properties are important to set in order to create the correct data validation for each field. Choose:
Email for email validation
Phone for phone number validation
Text for non-validation field
Mandatory to create a must-fill field
Message for expanded non-validation field
3. To insert your email to be the email the contact forms will arrive to, left click the submit “Send/Submit” button, choose edit > Submit, enter your email address and the Thank You message you wish to display.
4. To change the label of the Submit button from the default “Send”, choose “Edit Label”.
You can also switch the design of the stripe altogether
Adding a video stripe
The Video stripe enables you to add a YouTube video.
To add a Video Stripe:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “video”
A default video will appear.
2. To change the default video and add yours, left click the video and choose Edit video.
Insert the YouTube link into the text box. Make sure the Link you use has this structure:
3. In the Edit video menu, you can also set the video to Autoplay, change its size, mute it, and turn on the loop feature.
4. Click SAVE, to return to editing mode.
Adding a link stripe
The link stripe will allow you to add a single link to your site.
The Link stripe contains a single label element, which by clicking it, your site’s visitor will be redirected to a different page on your site or an external URL.
To add a Link Stripe:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “link”
A default Link will appear.
2. To change the default link of the label, left click the label and choose Go To.
3. To change the default text of the label, left click the label and choose Edit label.
Designing the Link Stripe
The Link Stripe is pretty flexible design-wise, and will allow you to have a control on many aspects of its design.
1. Left click the Link to see the several design’s control panels you can use – Style, Layout and Arranger.
2. Choose each of them, and start designing the Link.
Adding a picture stripe
To add a single Picture to your site:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “pic”
A default Picture stripe will appear.
2. To change the default picture and add yours, left-click on the default picture and choose Replace image.
3. Navigate to the location of the file on your hard drive, and choose it.
4. To link the image, left click the image and choose Go To.
Adding a gallery stripe
A Gallery stripe contains several gallery items, each assembled by image and its title.
To add a gallery:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “gallery”
2. To manage the gallery items, hover your mouse over the Gallery stripe that was added, and click the manage button (4 small squares).
You are now in Manage Gallery.
To manage Gallery items:
1. click Add, and a new item will be generated.
Once you are done adding items, click DONE and left-click on the item to replace it with your own.
2. To delete or reorder the items, hover over an item and choose to delete or reorder.
3. Above the gallery items, there are two settings: Spacing and Items.
Spacing Will allow you to set the spacing between the gallery items.
Items Will allow you to set the number of items per row in the gallery.
Click Done, to exit Manage Gallery
Designing the Gallery Stripe
The Gallery Stripe is pretty flexible design-wise, and will allow you to have a control on many aspects of its design.
1. Left-click the Gallery to see the several design’s control panels you can use – Style, Layout and Arranger.
2. Choose each of them, and start designing the Gallery.
Adding a promo stripe
The Promo stripe will allow you to present the “gist” of your site. Locating it as the top stripe on your site will assure that it will be the first thing that your visitors will see. The Promo stripe can also behave as a slideshow if more than 1 item is added to it.
A Promo Stripe includes Image element, Title element, Subtitle element, and a Label element.
To add a Promo Stripe:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “Promo”
A default Promo will appear.
2. You can change the picture in the promo and its style by left-clicking on the image.
3. To change the default text of the Promo, left click the label
To add more than 1 promo item (making it a slideshow):
1. Hover your mouse over the Promo stripe, and click the manage button (4 small squares).
2. Click Add, to add a new Promo item.
3. To delete or reorder the items, hover over an item and choose to delete or reorder.
4. Use the general Promo control panel to set the number of slideshows interval that the Promo will do, and whether it will be autoplay or not.
5. Click Done, to exit Manage Featured.
Designing the Promo Stripe
The Promo Stripe is pretty flexible design-wise, and will allow you to have a control on many aspects of its design.
1. Left click the Promo to see the several design’s control panels you can use – Style, Layout and Arranger.
2. Choose each of them, and start designing the Promo.
Adding a featured stripe
If you have something you’d like to showcase, promote or put a spotlight on your site, the Featured stripe is a great option for you to use.
The Featured stripe contains one or more elements, each one assembled by an image and its text (Title and Body).
To add a Featured stripe:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “featured”
A default Featured stripe will appear. Now, you can choose to manage, remove or add the items.
2. To change the default image of an item and add yours, left click the item and choose Replace image.
3. To change the default text of an item, left click the label.
4. To manage the featured items, hover your mouse over the Featured button, and click Manage.
Adding featured items
To add more featured items, click Add, and a new featured item will be generated.
Removing featured items
Hover your mouse over an item, and click the “x” to remove the item
Reorder featured items
Hover your mouse over an item and click the arrows to reorder the featured items.
5. Click Done, to exit Manage Featured.
You can also switch the design of the stripe altogether.
Adding a map stripe
You can display the location of your business or office in your website by using the Map Stripe.
To add a Map:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “map”
A default map will appear.
2. To change the default location of the map and add yours, left click the map and choose Edit Map.
3. Insert the address of your business or office to set the map’s location.
4. You can also choose the map’s style – default, grayscale, blue water etc.
5. Click Save.
Adding an icon stripe
The icon stripe will allow you to add an icon/logo to your site.
To add an icon stripe:
1. Click on the “+” sign and choose “icon”
A default icon will appear.
2. Left click on the icon and choose Replace Icon.
The left menu will open
3. Choose to either upload your own icon or add one from our library.
Tip: The resolution of the image you will upload will be compressed in order to fit to icon size. Uploading a large image is not recommended.
To change the icon’s style settings:
1. Left click the icon stripe, and choose “style”. You will see the style control panel on the left-side corner of the editor.
The Style control panel will allow you to change the icon’s alignment, size and outline color pattern.